I had the whole house to myself yesterday- it was blissful. It's rare to have a whole day on your own with no plans whatsoever so I had a long bath, did a face mask and then went for a walk in the sunshine to pick up a magazine and the ingredients for Slutty Brownies. Yep, Slutty Brownies. If you haven't heard of them then where have you been? These are a real filthy treat and are ridiculously easy to make. This was my first attempt and next time I will do a couple of things differently (buy a larger pack of cookie mix and bake it on the middle shelf, rather than the top shelf). I found the recipe on The Londoner so all credit to Rosie.
- 1 x pack chocolate fudge brownie mix (or any brownie mix really)
- 1 x pack chocolate chip cookie mix
- 2 x packs of Oreo cookies
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp oil
1) Pre-heat oven to 1350°F/ 180°C/ gas mark 4.
2) Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
3) Follow the pack instructions for making the cookie dough. I literally added some water and mixed - oh so simple. I also added an extra teaspoon of water as recommended by Rosie. Once you've done that just pop the mixture into the lined baking tray and squidge it so that it covers the bottom.
I made a bit of a fail with the cookie mixture as I bought a pack which made 8 cookies when I should have bought one which made 16 (or two packs). The brownie mixture was for 16 brownies and so my brownies don't have as much cookie as they should. Next time they will be perfect!
4) Cover this layer with the Oreos.
5) Now, mix up the brownie batter (I had to add an egg, oil and water) and pour over the Oreos.
6) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and then leave to cool. Cut it into chunks when still slightly warm and serve. I made an error of putting them on the top shelf so they were not as gooey as I wanted so next time they will be on the middle shelf for truly perfect Slutty Brownies.
Have you given this recipe a try yet?