I have described this post as a recipe but there is hardly anything to it - it is such an easy meal to make and Chris and I have enjoyed it two Sunday's in a row! As you will have probably guessed- these are pizzas made with a tortilla base. When you put them in the oven the tortilla goes all crispy and lovely- which makes for a really tasty, light meal.
What you need to make a tortilla pizza:
- 1 tortilla
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Half a can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove - crushed
- Oregano or basil
- Approx. 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- Any toppings you fancy - I went for cheddar cheese, mushrooms and some pre-cooked chicken.
How to make it:
1) Pre-heat your oven to 180°c.
2) In a saucepan heat the olive oil and fry the garlic. Add the chopped tomatoes and leave it to heat through. I like to add some oregano or basil to the mix too. Take off the heat.
2) Put your tortilla on a baking tray and spread the tomato puree over the base followed by the chopped tomato mix.
3) Add your toppings!
4) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until all crispy and pizza-looking.