I'm still feeling a little sad that summer is over so at the start of October, to get me excited for Autumn, I've made a list with ten things I love about the new season.
1) Hot chocolate - I drink hot chocolate all year round but in the colder months I really step up my hot chocolate game and enjoy a cup most nights, preferably with a big helping of whipped cream. I also love it when the coffee shops bring out their winter flavours of hot chocolate- Costa do an amazing orange hot choc!
2) Getting cosy inside - it's such a nice feeling to be snuggled on the sofa whilst it's cold and rainy outside, knowing you don't have to go anywhere and can stay cosy.
3) Autumn TV - in September all of the Autumn/Winter TV comes out and I love it. X Factor, Strictly, Downton Abbey...bring it on!
4) Scarves and hats - it's acceptable to bring out the warm scarves and hats. I love being bundled up as warm as possible.
5) Hibernating - in the warmer months I always feel guilty if the sun is shining and I am indoors watching YouTube videos. In Autumn you can stay indoors all day and hibernate as much as you like, guilt-free!
6) Halloween - last Halloween we had a fun family party at my parents house. I think we are doing the same again. Love getting dressed up and playing silly Halloween games!
7) Candles - over Summer I don't use candles so much but when it hits the colder months I have them on all the time.
8) Indulgent baths - I also have baths all year round (I just love them) but in Autumn I like to go all out with my bath pampering routine. Baths are so amazing after being all chilly outside, and I like to use bath oils and Lush products to make them extra special.
9) Comfort food- there's something about the cold that makes me want to binge on all of the carbs. Pies, pasta, spag bol - so much delicious comfort food!
10) The C word - dare I say it, Autumn means that Christmas is creeping ever so nearer!