Living in London is great, and you have a million things on your doorstep to see and do. However sometimes it's nice to get out of the city and see some new places. The country is so well connected and you can see some amazing towns and cities by taking a quick train - probably in the same time that it usually takes to cross London! Here are some suggestions from me - do leave comments with your recommendations of places to visit too.
1. Brighton - Brighton is such a brilliant city and full of things to do, without being overwhelmingly big. You can go shopping, eat in a cute little cafe, walk along the pier, visit the beach and go out dancing at the end of the night if you fancy! Brighton is 55 minutes from Victoria or an hour from London Bridge.
2. Cambridge - I adore Cambridge. It is truly beautiful - probably the most beautiful city I've ever seen actually. It feels so British, if that makes sense. Cambridge is obviously home to the famous University and you can't miss the colleges which are pretty breathtaking. If you visit when it's warm you can go punting on the river which I am still yet to do! Cambridge is 50 minutes from London KX.
3. Henley-on-Thames - Henley is a lovely town set by the Thames. It's home to the famous Henley Regatta which is always a very fun day out! I visited in the summer for a hen do and we hired a self-drive boat which I would highly recommend- if only to nosy at the spectacular houses by the river. The Chocolate Cafe is also meant to be a real treat. Henley is 45 minutes from Paddington.
4. Oxford - Oxford is famous for its University colleges which feature in many of the early Harry Potter films and there are many trails you can do to see all of the HP sights. It's also home to a lot of history and countless lovely little pubs and cocktail bars. Oxford is an hour from Paddington.
5. Bath - Bath is a little further afield but well worth it. All of the buildings are gorgeous and it is the only place in the UK where you can bathe in naturally hot spa water - their Roman Style Baths are just amazing. Bath is an hour and a half from Paddington.