Let's be honest, you probably don't need that many ideas of things to do in December as it's all about Christmas, festive gatherings and lots of food. But hey ho, let's give it a go.
1. Visit a Christmas Market. It's just not Christmas without a visit to a market. If you're in London there's the infamous Winter Wonderland. There's also the one on Southbank and Winterville in Victoria Park. Outside of London there are hundreds but I know the Birmingham market is meant to be incredible and I have a special place in my heart for the Leeds German Christmas market.
2. Do some Christmas baking. There are so many amazing recipes out there- Pinterest is your best friend for some inspiration. Even better- make batches of biscuits which will last for a while and can be given to people as Christmas gifts. A big favourite of mine are brookies which are so easy and SO delicious.
3. Mix up your Secret Santa plans. Rather than doing a usual £5 or £10 present, change it to a £1 price limit or make it so that you have to gift someone something from home that you don't want. This is a great idea as people end up getting quite good presents like unwanted DVDs or books!
4. Buy a new board game. I am a huge fan of a board game and we always play them in our family and with friends throughout the Christmas period. It's always exciting to get a shiny new game to play. My favourites at the moment are Rapidough and Articulate.
5. Host a cheese and wine night. At this time of year the supermarkets are filled with so many different types of cheese, and usually in great value sets. Stock up and get your friends round to drink wine and binge of cheese. You could even play a board game at the same time.