I love having a facial, but sadly don't have half as many as I'd like (oh to have one every week) so doing a DIY at-home facial is the next best thing. I often have pamper nights where I put on face masks and have a bath, but it's sometimes nice to do a 'proper' step by step facial. Here is my how-to guide. Enjoy!
1. Remove your make-up, if you are wearing it.
2. Get a flannel, run it under warm water and wring out. Place over your face for a couple of minutes to open up your pores.
3. Cleanse your face thoroughly, by massaging it into your skin with small circular motions. Rinse off with warm water (never use really hot water as it will agitate skin). Do a double cleanse if you fancy it!
4. Massage an exfoliator gently into your skin.
5. Fill a bowl with boiling water and hold your face over the steam, holding a towel over your head to keep the steam directed to your skin. This will open your pores and get your skin prepped for your face mask.
6. Apply a face mask of your choice (I always go for a clay mask when doing a facial) and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off.
7. Use a toner, and then finish off your facial with your favourite moisturiser