In 3 months time we will be back in my happy place - Orlando, Florida. I really really can't wait. We will be going for just over two weeks and it will be our seventh visit to the most magical place on earth. Here are X things I'm looking forward to...
1) Wishes at the Magic Kingdom. This is my all time favourite Disney experience - Wishes is the name for the evening firework display at Magic Kingdom and it is truly amazing. You can enjoy the electrical parade followed by the pre-show and then finally the fireworks. It is really emotional and I love it.
2) The new Diagon Alley area in Universal. This was in the middle of being built when we visited in May 2014 and I can't wait to see it now it's all complete. Will definitely be taking a trip on the Hogwarts Express and trying out the new Gringotts Bank ride.
3) Chilling around the pool in our villa. We are returning to the same villa that we've stayed in since 2000 and it's our home away from home. I can't wait to get back from the parks and enjoy chilling around the pool with a book. I think this is why Florida is my favourite place to go on holiday -it's the perfect mix of being active and also relaxing.
4) Going on my favourite rides. There are so many rides that I'm excited to go on again - Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios, Cheetah at Busch Gardens, Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom and Everest at Animal Kingdom to name a few!
5) The water parks. I adore going to the water parks and count them as a 'rest day' as they are such a good chance to relax. Although I love the magic of the Disney parks, we went to Aquatica in 2014 and it was brilliant so am most looking forward to going there again. Oh, and how could I forget the garbage pail ice cream from Blizzard Beach - yum!
6) Doing some serious shopping. I always like to take a bit of money for spending over there. I want to buy some new trainers, stock up on make-up (like I need any more!) and maybe even get a new Kate Spade bag. Our favourite places to shop are the Orlando Premium Outlets and Mall at Millenia.
7) Eating lots of food and ice cream. We don't eat out that much when we go to Florida but we always love a visit to the Cheesecake Factory and eating at the fast-food places in the parks (chicken strips, yes please). We are going to try and be more healthy this year by doing a big shop in Whole Foods - is it sad that I am really excited for this?!
8) Having over two weeks with my family. I can't wait to hang out with Chris and my family for a long period of time. We do see each other as much as we can and are always chatting on Facebook, but it will be lovely to have a long time together.
Do you have any tips of things to do in Orlando?