The sunshine we've seen in the UK recently has made me so happy! It feels like Spring is really here and although it's slightly scary (as I get married this Summer- eek) it's the best feeling to have the sun on your face and to not have to layer up with scarfs and big coats. Today I'm going to share my 9 Spring Essentials.
1. L'Occitane Shea Light Comforting face cream. I always find that my skin struggles a little when it emerges from the cold winter weather - it's very dry and doesn't feel very bright so a moisturiser is an essential. The Shea Light offering from L'Occitane is great as it's lovely and light, and so perfect for Spring when you don't feel like a heavy product.
2. Daffodils. Having daffodils around the house really brightens up the rooms and brings spring into the home. I love how cheap they are and how quick they are to open and look beautiful - our only issue is that Chris doesn't like to seeing a dying bunch in the shop so will always buy them so they have a chance to 'thrive'. Bless him!
3. New Look pinafore dress. This is in the sale for £9.99 so an absolute winner - I love a pinafore and have just bought two new denim ones. So easy to wear and I like how they can be worn in the awkward transition between cold and warm weather.
4. Nars Illuminator in Copacabana. I'll be honest, I like to wear a highlighter all year round but in Spring/Summer you can really go for it. I like to mix the Nars Illuminator in with my foundation to make it feel lighter and to add a lovely glow.
5. Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Eye and Cheek Palette. I've just discovered this palette but oh, it is so pretty and so perfect for spring time! I have a nostalgic love for all things Stila and have always rated their blushes. I feel like I could use this one palette for months.
6. Diptyque Baies scented candle. Although I can't spell both the brand and the name of this candle, this is my absolute favourite scent for Spring. It's a mix of blackcurrant and rose and is just light, fresh and floral. Love!
7. Topshop bomber jacket. I find that my go-to jacket for Spring time is a bomber. I find they 'make' an outfit and they keep you warm, without acting like a big winter coat. Very much enjoying the satin and suede variations that are popping up at the moment.
8. Adidas Gazelles. I am lusting after these trainers and having to make do with a knock-off from Primark. I like how trainers are being worn everyday, rather than just at the gym as they are so comfy! These look great with a bomber and jeans. Such an easy outfit.
9. NYX Cream blush in glow. Although the MaxFactor creamy blush is one of my faves, this blush from NYX is gorgeous. I love wearing a cream blush in the warmer months as it settles into skin so much better than powder and looks so much more natural in the bright daylight.
What are your spring essentials?